REQUIRES A COVER LETTER?: yes
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
CONTACT PERSON NAME: Mona Abboud
CONTACT PERSON POSITION: HR – Admin.
CONTACT PERSON EMAIL: email@example.com
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Social to join our team. This person will be an acive member in BRAVE Project – Building Resilient and Vibrant Environments – that is implementing by the Arab Resource Center for Popular Arts (ARCPA) funded by UNICEF as a Lead Partner. The programme is implementing all across Lebanon with its 6 local sub-partners: SHAHD Association, Fraternity Association, Witness Association, the Human Development Center (HDC), ULYP and Al-Mubader Orgaznization. The objectives are:
- To build the capacities and skills of children, youths, CSOs, and caregivers in marginalized societies in Lebanon.
- To promote tolerance and acceptance among host communities and all different communities residing in Lebanon.
BRAVE activities reached out to all regions through the active collaboration of the implementing partners, and in cooperation with a network of organizations working among marginalized communities in Lebanon, mainly Palestinian camps and gatherings.
The Arab Resource Center for Popular Arts (ARCPA), commonly known as AL-JANA, was established in 1990 as a local NGO registered in Lebanon. ARCPA works with marginalized communities through documenting their enriching experiences and creative contributions and building on them, while at the same time enhancing the capacity of youth towards conflict transformation, active learning and creative expression. Furthermore, the organization specializes in producing educational and cultural resources based on community experiences and creative contributions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct Rapid Assessment interview with targeted populations;
- Identify and register vulnerable individuals (Social file);
- Develop an individual case plan for each beneficiary with clear outcomes and time-frame;
- Regularly follow-up, monitor and review the case (Re-assessing vulnerabilities);
- Re-develop a case plan and repeat the process if new vulnerabilities arise;
- Offer information, support and assistance to people in need;
- Liaise with, and make referrals to, other organizations;
- Follow-up with beneficiaries to monitor their progress;
- Coordinate with psychotherapists and health professionals re patients’ appointments and progress;
- Raise awareness of beneficiaries’ families during treatment;
- Provide feedback on referrals/active patients to the lead partner and to PSS coordinators and submit monthly reports;
- Participate in training modules, conferences, and supervision and team meetings;
- Manage, fill and archive specific forms for cases profiling on the data software system (Social File, attendance sheets, pre and posttest as well as sessions record sheets…), and ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timelines;
- Conduct home visits based on the needs;
- Actively participate in meetings with the coordinators and other team members involved in project implementation.
- Monitor and report on project progress;
- Support the PSS Coordinator when needed
- Represent ARCPA in related events;
- Support the implementation of ARCPA projects
- Perform other job-related tasks as requested by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Previous experience in NGO and humanitarian field is a necessity .
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
- Excellent reporting skills
- Dynamic personality and ability to work under pressure
- An understanding of the complex refugee environment
- Able to work under pressure and overtime, when needed.