Social Media Officer / Community Manager
REQUIRES A COVER LETTER?: yes
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
Interested qualified personnel, meeting all the requirements can send their CV and Cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Stating in the “Subject: Social Media Officer / Community Manager”.
CONTACT PERSON NAME: Mona Abboud
CONTACT PERSON POSITION: HR – Admin.
CONTACT PERSON EMAIL: email@example.com
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Social Media Officer / Community Manager to join our team. This person will be developing and managing the Social Media platforms and the online output of the organisation and its projects.
The Arab Resource Center for Popular Arts (ARCPA), commonly known as AL-JANA, was established in 1990 as a local NGO registered in Lebanon. ARCPA works with marginalized communities through documenting their enriching experiences and creative contributions and building on them, while at the same time enhancing the capacity of youth towards conflict transformation, active learning and creative expression. Furthermore, the organization specializes in producing educational and cultural resources based on community experiences and creative contributions.
The experienced Social Media Officer / Community Manager has a deep knowledge in multimedia and digital story telling. She/he should show strong initiative and creativity in developing and managing the projects online output and its community. Visual media literacy and strong graphical and video editing skills are vital for this position. Understanding the marketing aspects and mastering the tools of the common social media platforms to ensure the growth of the projects and their communities. Interest and understanding of refugee and marginalized environment is very helpful for this position.
The successful candidate should:
- Demonstrate an outstanding experience in Social Media and Community Management
- Execute creative ideas that engage our viewers and followers
- Show editorial flair when programming content on our platforms
- Understand the ever-changing video and multimedia landscape
- Stay on top of local and international online media trends
- Be creative and skilled in video editing and graphic animation
- Support the media staff when needed
- Represent ARCPA in related events;
- Support the implementation of ARCPA projects
- Perform other job-related tasks as requested by the supervisor.
The successful candidate will:
- Work from office and from home
- Handle the duties and tasks at flexible working hours
- Balance different responsibilities and priorities to meet deadlines
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
- Excellent reporting skills
- Dynamic personality and ability to work under pressure
- An understanding of the complex refugee environment